Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA) Foundation announces ELEVATE ORLANDO as 2023 focus charityORLANDO, FL (March 9, 2023) – The charitable arm of the Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA), the GOBA Foundation has selected Elevate Orlando as their focus charity, along with four additional charities to receive contributions in 2023. The Foundation also maintains an endowment that funds annual scholarships at the University of Central Florida and Valencia Community College.
Elevate Orlando is a civic non-profit dedicated to equipping and empowering underserved youth to graduate with a plan for the future. According to Jonas Cayo, Elevate Orlando’s President/CEO, “It takes the entire community to help solve the tremendous problems our students are overcoming. GOBA Foundation is one of our valued partners, providing much needed resources to equip young people to survive, thrive and excel as they grow into productive adults.”
Since its charter in 1985, the GOBA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, has raised funds under the direction of a Board of Trustees and donated more than $1 million to children and youth-related charities and endowments, including scholarships and in-kind donations. Funds raised by the GOBA Foundation are mostly through the generosity of the GOBA membership that includes more than 700 builder and associate members in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. Foundation funds are primarily generated during two of GOBA’s signature events: the Annual Nine and Wine Golf Event at The Winter Park Golf Course, and the Annual Charity Clay Shoot at BlackJack Sporting Clays. Both events are open to the public to participate.
“It’s great we have the opportunity to help these deserving organizations that are making a difference in our community,” said Dave Schmitt, Greater Orlando Builders Association Foundation President. “We look forward to another successful year of giving back to the youth and young adults throughout Central Florida.”
In addition to Elevate Orlando, the Foundation has also pledged to support four additional local children’s charities and two colleges with cash and in-kind donations during 2023, including:
- New Hope for Kids brings hope, healing and happiness to children and families suffering from grief, loss or life-threatening illnesses.
- Guardian Ad Litem for Children advocates for the best interests of abused, abandoned, and neglected children by supporting the development, growth, and continuation of the Guardian ad Litem Program in Osceola County.
- Quest’s Kids’ Academy provides educational scholarships for children with developmental challenges.
- Embrace Families provides foster care, mentoring and adoption, ensuring children in bad situations move toward brighter futures.
- University of Central Florida and Valencia Community College Scholarships
“As the charitable arm of GOBA, our mission is to provide, in perpetuity, a vehicle for our association to support our community,” said Chassity Vega, GOBA CEO. “We believe there is no greater way to ensure the community’s future than by helping a child and no better way to demonstrate our gratitude than by encouraging someone else’s dream to flourish.”